Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

Connecting a X8R receiver to AQ32v2 using sBUS

We are trying to connect a Taranis X8R receiver to a AQ32v2 board using sBUS. We have tried multiple different options to establish the connection between the receiver and the programming software with no success. When using the AQ configuration software and modifying the setting to accept "futuba" and then upload to the AQ32 board we get a message staying that the AQ32 board failed to go into programming mode. Every attempt has resulted in the same result. I am able the successfully connect to the board and view vehicle status, so I know the board to talking to the computer, just not through the software upload function. When I connect the receiver to the AQ32 board via all the channels, it works, just not through the sBUS function.

Any help, clues or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am at a dead end.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    It sounds like the AQ32 just isn't getting into DFU mode. You can force it into DFU mode by shorting the 'boot0' and 3v3 pins together when you apply power to it. At that point you should be able to upload code without issue.

As for the receiver, what setting are you modifying to "accept futaba"...? In UserConfiguration.h, all you have to do is choose sBUS as the receiver type. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no option to choose Futaba vs anything else for sBUS.
    push the envelope, watch it bend

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I just set up the exact same thing this weekend. I was able to connect the X8R to the AQ32 v.2 board through sBUS and it works great. Wooden was right though, the problem is that your computer is not recognizing that your board is in DFU mode which is why it won't let you upload any new code. If possible, try a different computer. I was having the same issue with one computer. Even after shorting boot0 and 3.3v which visibly put it into DFU mode (as indicated by the LED's), my one computer would not recognize it as being in DFU mode. I can still connect to the configurator with this computer but I can't upload new code. I tried a different computer and I was able to upload code.

Summary:
    -sBUS with FRSKY X8R receiver and AQ32 v.2 works great
    -try a different computer if you can't upload code

AeroQuad Core Software Developer ala42's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    See http://aeroquad.com/showthread.php?8...ad-Issue/page2 to troubleshoot the upload problem. The USB3 problem is solved with the newer dfu-util version.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Thanks for the help, updating the dfu-util worked and now I seem to have a reliable connection to the AQ32 board. What I can't figure out and it is a total newbie question is getting UserConfiguration.h file loaded onto the board. My programming skills are good enough that I un-commented the line that was called for, but not good enough to load the file from the command line. What are the steps to upload the UserConfiguration.h file? Does it goes in with EEPROM initialization? Sorry, but I am a bit confused. I think my problem will be solved once I understand this step.

AeroQuad Core Software Developer ala42's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    UserConfiguration.h is not uploaded to the board. It is used when compiling the AQ software to generate the binary firmware file, which is uploaded.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    OK, now I understand and I also realize the step I am missing. I will try it this evening. Thanks again for the help.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I am still having problem that I have searched through the forums for and it is still a total newbie question. Where are the files that the complier supposed to be located, how does the complier know where to find the files. I have made the needed changes to the UserConfiguration.h file, but the complier does not seem to be picking it up and I can't find any documentation where the file folders are to be located or how to declare to the complier where to find them.

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Have you read this page of Manual? http://aeroquad.com/showwiki.php?tit...advanced-users

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Yes, I did review this process? It seems to apply to manual compiling / uploading the software, I have been trying to using the upload tool in the configuration manager. If I understand you correctly to get changes in the userconfiguration.h file I need to manually upload the flight software to the AQ32 board?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast