Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connections

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

connections

Hi,I'm building my aeroquad with arduino mega based and cyclone frame and I have three questions:1. I have to connect the four motors to shield v2.1.3 and where i have to connect motor 1? Where is the motor one?2. Where is the front and rear of this quadcopter?3.i don't know how to make the power line to connect arduino with shield and battery and esc...Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Read our wiki.
    push the envelope, watch it bend

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Ok, i've found it the documentation about motor connections but i can not find documentation about electric installation.
    I have found this section in the manual: http://aeroquad.com/showwiki.php?tit...r+Distribution.

I read that i have to solder a female JST directly to Arduino Mega. I have four 30 A Afro ESC to connect, how can i do it? do you send me an image?
    thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    You can use any connectors you want. All four ESC's have to be connected to the battery. The white signal wires need to be connected to the appropriate pins on the Mega. If you spend some time going through the forums you'll find lots of images of ESC's connected to power.
    One hover and you're hooked!

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I'm sorry, i read the messages in the forum about power connection and i don't know how to connect my components to the battery.
    I have 4 Afro ESC 30A http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=Afro, an Arduino Mega board and Turnigy 5000mAh 3S battery. Can you help me, please?

thanks!

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    The Afro escs have a total of 8 wires coming from them:
    - 3 on one side <-- these connect to the motors
    - 5 on the other

The side with 5, has two sets of wires: one is a group of three skinny wires (brown red, yellow), the other is a black and red.

The black and red wires should all be connected to the battery, at correct polarity. In nearly all cases, black will be (-), red will be (+). So, connect same polarities together (e.g. black to black, red to red). You can do this by making a wiring harness, buying a wiring harness, using a power distribution board, etc.

On the set of three skinny wires on this same side: you can use the brown and red from one of these escs to power the arduino, connect the red to (+) 5V, and connect the brown to (-) on the 5V. The yellow wire is the signal. No idea where this is supposed to be connected, but, I suspect the wiki has the info.

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Ok, thanks.

the 30A Afro ESC is this:

i thought that the group of skinny wires (brown, red and yellow) was connect to the shield of arduino, labeled with motor1, motor2 ...
    is this correct? if not, where is this connection to shield?

thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by zakerny View Post
    The Afro escs have a total of 8 wires coming from them:
    - 3 on one side <-- these connect to the motors
    - 5 on the other

The side with 5, has two sets of wires: one is a group of three skinny wires (brown red, yellow), the other is a black and red.

The black and red wires should all be connected to the battery, at correct polarity. In nearly all cases, black will be (-), red will be (+). So, connect same polarities together (e.g. black to black, red to red). You can do this by making a wiring harness, buying a wiring harness, using a power distribution board, etc.

On the set of three skinny wires on this same side: you can use the brown and red from one of these escs to power the arduino, connect the red to (+) 5V, and connect the brown to (-) on the 5V. The yellow wire is the signal. No idea where this is supposed to be connected, but, I suspect the wiki has the info.
    - - - - - - - - - - The following text was automatically merged with this post to prevent doubleposts - - - - - - - - - -

About an wiring harness, what do you think about this?

i think this is the component that i need ...
    thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    It's hard to explain it much clearer than zakerny did above. If you're still not understanding, you might need to look at a lot more pictures and read a lot more of the build logs. The only other thing I can think of that might help is the chart of Mega pin designations linked below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJP8mtsF#gid=0

Also, here's a link to my build with a Mega.

http://aeroquad.com/showthread.php?6...ond-Quadcopter
    One hover and you're hooked!

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    thanks allanGEE,

so i think the JST connector of each ESC (with red, brown and yellow wires) must to attach on shield, is this correct? then, i don't need to attach nothing directly to arduino, is correct?

thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast