Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: altitude hold

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

altitude hold

hello all, i'm working with the cyclone kit aero quad version 3.2 i'm not able to get altitude hold to activate. also quad seems very shaky in the air no matter what pid value i put in. i,m new to this but i did fly helicopters. so is it me or do i need more programming skills thank you in advance for any help

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    What flight controller, Arduino Mega with v2.x shield or AQ32? What kind of "shaky" are we talking about - fast or slow? Do they only occur when moving around or do they happen when you hover, too?

What mode are you flying in? What props? Have you balanced the frame at all? Did you initialize the EEPROM and then do the sensor calibrations? How does the 3D view track in Configurator?

What do you mean you're not able to get altitude hold to activate? Did you compile and upload the code with Altitude Hold enabled? Do you have 6 channels on your transmitter? Have checked Configurator to see if the quad thinks altitude hold is enabled and that you can see altitude hold turning on and off in the Vehicle Status page?

There should not be any programming skills required to set up and fly an AeroQuad, it just sounds like you've missed some setup.
    push the envelope, watch it bend

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    also be sure you're not using heli mode on your transmitter if it has one.

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    im using aq32, 12 inch props,the shaky feeling is more of an instability, hard to keep level in one place. when i initialize eeprom all pid information disappears. im working in attitude mode, rate mode unflyable. im sure im missing setup steps but im following flight configurator. im very new ive done a lot of reading maybe to much alot is for Arduino, its confusing for me. any help would be greatly appreciated. if you need any more info about my setup i will gladly give it. thank you

AeroQuad Flight Control Expert
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Hate to say this,but you have got to get rate mode working, and working properly, before you can expect attitude mode to work correctly.

If it's unflyable, you need to figure out why and correct it. Once this is done, you will find attitude mode works much better.

I haven't flown AQ software in quite some time, but if you can turn down the maximum rates for pitch and roll, that should help "tame the beast" so you can work on tuning the rate mode.

BLueSKy RC Mini Quad, Turnigy 1811-2000 motors, Turnigy 6 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10.2, 2s, Naze32, Spektrum Satellite, FF32lite software
    Fortis Airframes Titan TriCopter, BP2212-13 motors, HobbyWing 18 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10,2, 3s, Naze32Pro, Spektrum Satellite, FF32mini software
    AeroQuad Typhoon, BP2212-13 motors, HobbyWing 18 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10,2, 3s, AQ32, Dual Spektrum Satellites, 2.4 GHz xBee telemetry, OpenLog FDR, FF32 software
    DJI550 Hex, BP2217-9 motors, HobbyWing 30 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10.2, 3s, AQ32, Dual Spektrum Satellites, OpenLog FDR, FF32 software

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    i will give that a try. thats done through the transmitter settings right

AeroQuad Flight Control Expert
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    No, that would be a configurator setting. Not sure if AQ software offers this feature though. The TX limits have to remain where they were calibrated or functions like arming, for example, will not work.

BLueSKy RC Mini Quad, Turnigy 1811-2000 motors, Turnigy 6 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10.2, 2s, Naze32, Spektrum Satellite, FF32lite software
    Fortis Airframes Titan TriCopter, BP2212-13 motors, HobbyWing 18 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10,2, 3s, Naze32Pro, Spektrum Satellite, FF32mini software
    AeroQuad Typhoon, BP2212-13 motors, HobbyWing 18 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10,2, 3s, AQ32, Dual Spektrum Satellites, 2.4 GHz xBee telemetry, OpenLog FDR, FF32 software
    DJI550 Hex, BP2217-9 motors, HobbyWing 30 amp ESCs with BLHeli 10.2, 3s, AQ32, Dual Spektrum Satellites, OpenLog FDR, FF32 software

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    here is another question how do you physically download information to the flight control board? is there a button im missing

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    USB cable.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Use the "Upload to AeroQuad" button once you've changed values to push them to the flight controller.
    push the envelope, watch it bend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast