Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Reputation Points (Add)

Exclamation Looking for video of worst quadcopter related injury possible [so this thread = >18]

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if you could help me out here.

My cousin is in university and has an assignment to show a very bad accident related to anything that has remotely to do with information technology.
    Due to the algorithms involved in this hobby, it's also related, and therefore allowed.

If you have a video in mind but you'd rather not post it publicly, i wouldn't mind receiving it in a personal message but i also think this forum needs an awareness thread. Some people on here post the most idiotic videos of things that can potentially turn very nasty, but luckily they don't. Just the other day, on a Dutch forum, i saw a guy flying a TBS discovery with rather powerful motors in his hallway, about 2 feet from his face. Just an example

Would you help my cousin out?
    Again, if you decide not to post it publicly then we will respect that and handle the video with discretion (will only be showed in a class)
    Fleet: AQ32 Y6 FPV, Mega v2.1.2 FPV quad, Blade mcp-X, 6' Skywalker 1900, 20" Flying wing, 100 mph 1:10 car
    Gear: GoPro Hero 2, Gopro hero 3 Black, Fatshark Predator, 600mw 5.8, 9XR, 850mw 1.2, scherrer lrs
    Carnage: This year: 1.2 TX, several ESC's, mostly due to polarity.. CHECK YOUR BATTERY LEADS!!

i know you wanted videos but i do have pictures of aftermath of me doing something completely ridiculous. we were testing the props on our quad and we had the one side taped down but the way our workstation was setup we couldn't tape down the other side. So i thought it was a great idea to hold the platform under the propeller and when we fired it up it went full throttle and sliced my hands to pieces and smashed against the wall. i was more concerned about the quad than my hands though.

Right Hand:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handright.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	8740

Left hand: (worst one, i still have a scar XD)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handleft.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	8741

Reputation Points (Add)
    Wow, thanks for sharing, it's a bit too late, but it's a good example of what can happen
    All tendons still working?
    Fleet: AQ32 Y6 FPV, Mega v2.1.2 FPV quad, Blade mcp-X, 6' Skywalker 1900, 20" Flying wing, 100 mph 1:10 car
    Gear: GoPro Hero 2, Gopro hero 3 Black, Fatshark Predator, 600mw 5.8, 9XR, 850mw 1.2, scherrer lrs
    Carnage: This year: 1.2 TX, several ESC's, mostly due to polarity.. CHECK YOUR BATTERY LEADS!!

New Recruit
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering if you could help me out here.

My cousin is in university and has an assignment to show a very bad accident related to anything that has remotely to do with information technology.
    Due to the algorithms involved in this hobby, it's also related, and therefore allowed.

If you have a video in mind but you'd rather not post it publicly, i wouldn't mind receiving it in a personal message but i also think this forum needs an awareness thread. Some people on here post the most idiotic videos of things that can potentially turn very nasty, but luckily they don't. Just the other day, on a Dutch forum, i saw a guy flying a TBS discovery with rather powerful motors in his hallway, about 2 feet from his face. Just an example

Would you help my cousin out?
    Again, if you decide not to post it publicly then we will respect that and handle the video with discretion (will only be showed in a class)
    Sorry I didn't see your post till today. But here is a warning to everyone, the props are sharp.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00250.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	8750 This happened a year ago.

Safe flying

Trevor Worcester

Blog Entries
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Wow that's a bad one! How are the fingers these days?
    push the envelope, watch it bend.
    Copters:
    FlipFPV w/ AQ32, SunnySky 980kV motors, 4S batts, 8 or 9" props, GoPro HD HERO2, OSD & 1.3GHz video gear, LEDs
    DJI F550 hexa w/ 2axis GoPro gimbal, currently no FC
    miniquad w/ AQ32 running aq32Plus

New Recruit
    Reputation Points (Add)
    HI Wooden. Thanks for the concern. All healed now after 3 months. I am left handed and try to set my quad for a right handed person to fly. I went to test it and moved the pith (to full back) instead of shutting the throttle. It was hovering about 6 feet in front of me about knee high, I didn't even see it move it was that fast. Luckily I was with someone else who took me to a hospital. So now when I test anything I tether it with about 10 foot of cord and stand out of range.

Regards

Trevor

Saw this and thought of you:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/...ters_power_cf/

Might be lots more there for you!