Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

First full Aeroquad video

Heres my first full edit using AQ birds. I like they way it turned out and i hope you guys do to. If you guys have any suggestions or tips for my next one please fell free to comment.

AeroQuad Lead Software Architect Kenny9999's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Ah really nice, Finally, some real video competition!

I'm far from those roll and flip that said!!!
    Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
    Heres my first full edit using AQ birds. I like they way it turned out and i hope you guys do to. If you guys have any suggestions or tips for my next one please fell free to comment.
    Very cool video!

Did you see the Wanted posting earlier ?

Only thing I can say is move the props out of view
    AQ32-Baloo(Y6) v3.2/AQ Cyclone Inspired Chassis/2217-9/18A ESC:s/APC 12x3.85/BlueSmirf/3D GoPro Cameras wOSD
    AQ32-Baloo(X4) v3.2/Flamewheel Chassis/2NTM2826/20A ESC:s/APC 10x4.70/BlueSmirf/Sony CCD Camera wOSD
    Homebrew: Logitech X3D Pro USB Joystick w/USB Host Shield for Arduino Pro Mini Transmitter / (
    JR Type Modules )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Nice video and flying.
    How do you get it to appear to fly inverted briefly @ 4.06. It doesn't seem to be part of a continuous roll.

Now you've been using the contra rotating motors for a while what are the pros and cons?
    Would you recommend them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    norem - Most of the flying was done with the typhoon frame. I have the FPV mount which pushes the camera forward a lot but I'm still going to get props in the way. I did see the post about it, if i didn't have a family and could easily disappear for a few days i would go.

Mike - Ill i did for the "inverted" flight was go high up, flip it into rate mode, slow the motors down considerably, and do a half flip. I then just played with the sticks a bit to keep here level and then finished the flip after i felt i dropped enough. You need to go real low on the motor though, almost to idle, or she will fight you and try to go out of control.
    as for the contra motors i do have some feelings on them now. For X8, FPV, camera bird they are excellent. They get both props high and out of the camera view and if running a gimbal no worries about a prop strike on the gimbal. They are also very powerful and will give you more then enough thrust for whatever you throw at them. HOWEVER there internal parts need to be reworked. The bearings in are not very good at all, replaced one after a few hours of flight that literally fell apart, and in a crash if you go inverted you will be replacing at least one shaft. You can go to your LHS and pick up some small steel rod and cut that for a shaft but its still a pain to replace. You are also limited on prop selection as the bottom prop has to be reamed out to 8mm, no slow fly props here. Overall there a good motor for this application just be prepared for continuos work on them and good luck finding them as hobby king has been out of stock for almost 2 months now.
    Last edited by Sniperp; 12-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Very nice video, I'm impressed! I loved your choice of sites for scenic value. You do come rippin through the landscape at an impressive velocity. Real nice flying, and real nice production on the video.

Jim