Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

Hex gimbal maiden

Not the first flight of this hexa (i blew it up and after that i test-flew it in the wind once) but this is the maiden of the full setup.

Roll axis vibration needs to die.. it's a small design error in the gimbal, so back to the drawing board..

Also needs a slight bit of tuning

Thanks to Wooden, SniperP, Kha, longgtom and everyone else who helped me!
    Fleet: AQ32 Y6 FPV, Mega v2.1.2 FPV quad, Blade mcp-X, 6' Skywalker 1900, 20" Flying wing, 100 mph 1:10 car
    Gear: GoPro Hero 2, Gopro hero 3 Black, Fatshark Predator, 600mw 5.8, 9XR, 850mw 1.2, scherrer lrs
    Carnage: This year: 1.2 TX, several ESC's, mostly due to polarity.. CHECK YOUR BATTERY LEADS!!

AeroQuad Lead Software Architect Kenny9999's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    That's a lot of rolling shutter!

put the cam in 720p 60Fps to see how it goes!
    Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    The rolling shutter comes from the resonance of the gimbal mount arm.. I think it either needs a heavier camera, or a sturdier arm
    Fleet: AQ32 Y6 FPV, Mega v2.1.2 FPV quad, Blade mcp-X, 6' Skywalker 1900, 20" Flying wing, 100 mph 1:10 car
    Gear: GoPro Hero 2, Gopro hero 3 Black, Fatshark Predator, 600mw 5.8, 9XR, 850mw 1.2, scherrer lrs
    Carnage: This year: 1.2 TX, several ESC's, mostly due to polarity.. CHECK YOUR BATTERY LEADS!!