Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AeroQuad Lead Software Architect Kenny9999's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrmtrk View Post
    You can get an mQX ready to fly for $150 from Amazon with everything you need including radios. You can get spare batteries for $10.50. I carry a keychain camera on mine. Big plus is you can safely fly it indoors as well. It's a great quad to learn on.

√ American Source
    √ Less than $200
    √ Carries a small camera
    √ 10 minute flight times
    In my quest to make some indoor FPV, I've bought the Hubsan X4 and it is way over the MQX and the LadyBird

http://quadcopters.co.uk/hubsan-x4-m...4ghz-533-p.asp
    Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    lol already ordered the traxxas qr-1 a few weeks ago hasn't been released but im looking for something bigger somewhat like the links i posted earlier and the mqx is very breakable

thanks

Moderator AeroQuad Technologist Honk's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I've gotten the UDI U816. It's got the MPU6050 (the same as Baloo is using) and a 24-pin µC. It seems to mimic exactly what every other of those clones do, auto flips (that works good) on a button on the transmitter and 4 brushed motors. Fun to fly from a beer glass.
    Smart people don't need a signature.
    http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...rd-signs-3.jpg

AeroQuad Core Software Developer ala42's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    I've gotten the UDI U816. It's got the MPU6050 (the same as Baloo is using) and a 24-pin µC. It seems to mimic exactly what every other of those clones do, auto flips (that works good) on a button on the transmitter and 4 brushed motors. Fun to fly from a beer glass.
    Does the board look like this http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...7-p-48844.html, which has 32 pins btw..
    How large is the board ?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Indeed it has 32 pins, my arithmetic skills have failed me again. The board in question measures 25x25mm, half the side of the Baloo or one 4th the surface area.

The question is why they have done such a good but ugly job removing the laser printings on the plastic package of the microcontroller but did not bother for the MPU6050 which can be clearly read. And what RF receiver/transmitter chip they're using (Yes! It's even got telemetry, even if it's just for acknowledging initialization of the sensor calibration).

EDIT: Strange thing is that my board has 4 white (jst?) sockets while the spare board you found has 5.
    Would you as I suspect it is an Atmega328? In that case, why even bother blurring the printing?
    Last edited by Honk; 11-28-2012 at 12:26 AM.

AeroQuad Core Software Developer ala42's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Could be an Atmel, where are the power and I2C lines connected at the CPU ?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Yes, I guess I could find out quite confidently by just tracing it and compare pinning. Will do on a rainy night!

EDIT: It just appeared to me why it would be interesting! If it's an Atmega328 we'd be able to buy a dirt cheap micro quad and use our own code on it. Granted someone figure out how the micro 2.4GHz onboard receiver works and that they have not bricked it by messing with the lock fuses (I think there's a fuse you can set to brick it forever in contrast to the fuses you have to unlock with high voltage programming)
    Last edited by Honk; 12-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12