Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
    Administrator AeroQuad Founder Mikro's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

AeroQuad 32 Flight Control Board (v1 + v2)

Here's the official support thread for the new AeroQuad 32 Flight Control Board!

UPDATE: The latest version (v2) of the AeroQuad 32 Flight Control board has arrived!

It has been redesigned for ease of connection with your multicopter frame, yet exposes all the pins of the initial version for your own customization as desired! The new flight board has been upgraded to use the new HMC5983-TR for locked in heading hold and uses the trusted MPU6000 in SPI mode for ultra fast senor sampling for truly solid flight.

Below you find some useful links which help you to get started with your AeroQuad32 flight control board.

Please post any questions, pictures and videos here!
    Last edited by Airwolf; 09-02-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Update for AQ32 v2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Also, sometimes for the first time when you need to put the board into programming or DFUSe mode, the software reset may not work as expected. To be able to load the USB STM bootloader drivers using the zadig tool (found in the driver installation package) you may need to short BOOT0 and VDD together (the pins are right above/below each other). As we get more mature with this board please post any questions here so that we can fix the documentation as we go along. Also I'm planning to have a more automated installer (although the current manual process is pretty easy).

If you are working with the board for the first time, don't forget that the firmware for Quad X is already loaded on your board. For this case, you can just install the Virtual COM Port drivers and connect to the Configurator right away. After you finish the calibrations, you should be able to fly!

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    The build site from kha gives an error.

Here is the link: http://kari.hautio.net/cgi-bin/build...&OSDAI=y&MISC=

And the error:
    Code:
    **** building AQ32 ****
    make: Entering directory `/tmp/AQ32.12862/AeroQuad/BuildAQ32'  Compiling C: ../AeroQuad32/MapleCompatibility/flash_stm32.c  Compiling C++: ../AeroQuad32/AeroQuadMain.cpp In file included from /tmp/AQ32.12862/AeroQuad/AeroQuad32/AeroQuadMain.cpp:20:0: /tmp/AQ32.12862/AeroQuad/AeroQuad32/../AeroQuad/AeroQuad.ino:64:26: fatal error: FastSerial.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [objSTM32/dummy/../AeroQuad32/AeroQuadMain.o] Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/tmp/AQ32.12862/AeroQuad/BuildAQ32' 
    **** Build failed; no cigar for you buddy **** Wasted 14 seconds.

Moderator AeroQuad Core Software Developer kha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    That is because the MAG is not working on the code.

What does not work currently:
    - magnetic heading hold
    - all GPS
    - camera stabilizer

For example current sensors work just fine, here is what I put on the Custom box
    3,BATT_ANALOG_INPUT,25.3,0,A6,33,0

This is good for flytron 50A sensor wired to ADC6 (limited to 33A by lower AREF)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I updated the wiki with brief installation and uploading instructions. These will be extended when I receive my AeroQuad32 board.
    How to post wrong? ;)

After successfully ignoring our Wiki, the search function and Google, you create two to five new threads in the wrong sub-forums with creative titles and vague text where everybody has his own idea about the content.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    @Lithium, what Kha did at the end of the build page made me chuckle. If there is a problem with compilation it says, "
    **** Build failed; no cigar for you buddy ****"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    i just intstalled the first part of the installer, virtual com port, but it never gave me a com port and when i look at my device manager it says this. any ideasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	baloo error.png 
Views:	7666 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	6778
    *edit* i just re ran the installer and had it "repair" the install and its working now
    Last edited by Sniperp; 07-27-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I am coming along in understanding the software build through the web interface. And have been able to load a new BIN ok.
    OSD and Sonar is working.
    The CPPM is working but the channel mapping is incorrect for the Futaba 9CAP.

A little help with fixing the mapping? If I can figure out how to build it locally and I think I can fix it. no luck with that yet.

I see a text box for custom inputs on the web builder, Can I fix the mapping there?

Thanks
    Check out mikemonti968 on YouTube

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    new problem, im trying to run the FlashDFUSeF4.bat and it just keeps looping on me. i editing the path to the file that was created on the webpage for me but maybe i put something in wrong.

set filename=%1%
    if "%filename%" == "" set filename=C:\Users\Paul\aeroquad\AeroQuad32Setup\02 _FlashBinaries\AeroQuad32.19257.bin
    :loop
    ..\dfu-util.exe --reset --device 0483:df11 --alt 0 --dfuse-address 0x08010000 --download %filename% || goto :loop
    pause

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I had to edit this line;
    ..\dfu-util.exe --reset --device 0483:df11 --alt 0 --dfuse-address 0x08010000 --download %filename% || goto :loop

To this;
    dfu-util.exe --reset --device 0483:df11 --alt 0 --dfuse-address 0x08010000 --download %filename% || goto :loop

remove the ..\ and this worked for me.
    Check out mikemonti968 on YouTube

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast