Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

Need Help With Arduino Uno (072 Quad-flyer)

Greetings..I recently built a mini quadrotor that weighs around 560g and named it 072 Quad-flyer. The electronic components that i used for the quad are :
    • Dsys 2840kV BDC motors
    • Dsys 40Amp ESCs
    • Arduino UNO
    • ADXL335 Accelerometer
    • ITG3205 gyro (Hacked from Wii motion plus)
    • SCP1000 Barometric pressure sensor
    Since i'm not really good at programming, how can i adjust the codings so that everything would work accordingly?? I really am looking forward to fly this thing..all those vids of people flying their quads are driving me crazee..Help~
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Do you have a specific problem, are you just wondering how to connect everything, give us a little help here. Once we have a clear situation laid out, I'm sure the community will help you.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate711 View Post
    Do you have a specific problem, are you just wondering how to connect everything, give us a little help here. Once we have a clear situation laid out, I'm sure the community will help you.
    My problem with the quad is that i can't get it to work since i've had trouble with the arduino coding. I've already selected the right accel=ADXL335/ADC and gyro=ITG3205/ITG3200 in the sensor.h..but when i upload the codes into the board..nothing works.Is this due to the fact that i didn't use an aeroquad shield?(It's not that i don't want to..but they don't sell that here in Malaysia.And as far as i'm concerned,the board has a 3.3V pin which can be directly connected to those specified sensors right???So the shield is not a necessity)

Or did the problem comes from the TX and RX configurations??i'm really blur..

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    OK. I believe the only things you need to set are in Aeroquad.pde if you are using 2.5.1 or in the Configuration file if you you are using 3.0. You need to use a level converter with the sensors, the 3.3v on the arduino isn't enough. I highly recommend getting the aeroquad shield, it makes setting things up MUCH easier. Maybe someone of the forums can send one to you... Does arduino say anything over serial like "gyro not found. accel not found" ?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Hey Dein, welcome to AeroQuad. I see you decided to join.
    Before you go any further you should read the Wiki in the main menu.

You need to compile and load the latest AeroQuad software and install the Configurator first to setup your quad. It takes more than just editing the sensor.h.
    What stage are you at now?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Also, I can see from your picture that your propellers are no setup properly. All props across from each other on the same arm should have the same direction not opposite, like you have in the picture.

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    You don't need to code anything. Use flight software 3.0 and Configurator 3.0 and all you have to do is click

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate711 View Post
    OK. I believe the only things you need to set are in Aeroquad.pde if you are using 2.5.1 or in the Configuration file if you you are using 3.0. You need to use a level converter with the sensors, the 3.3v on the arduino isn't enough. I highly recommend getting the aeroquad shield, it makes setting things up MUCH easier. Maybe someone of the forums can send one to you... Does arduino say anything over serial like "gyro not found. accel not found" ?
    Sry if it took a couple of days for me to reply to ur thread.I hv downloaded d sketch for the aeroquad shield. However, i found out that i won't b able to connect my sensors onto the shield since the pins for my sensors are different (in terms of number) than the one provided. Instead,i use the Arduino Protoshield that hv the same configuration as a doughnut board. I did get the readings from accel and gyro. But i still don't know how to do d calibration

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by elchan View Post
    Hey Dein, welcome to AeroQuad. I see you decided to join.
    Before you go any further you should read the Wiki in the main menu.

You need to compile and load the latest AeroQuad software and install the Configurator first to setup your quad. It takes more than just editing the sensor.h.
    What stage are you at now?
    Thanks for ur replies..i think i know u from DIY drones aite??OK..so basically i had already purchased d equipments listed above. I don't know whether it's a thumbs up or a thumbs down. But what i do know is,the total cost is cheap. Now, i'm at a stage where i need to apply filters and PID controller to the control system. I've already downloaded d latest software and configurator..but everytime i upload it to my board..nothing comes up.Sigh..that's why i'm thinking of extracting the codes one-by-one..but that would consume time.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Does anyone know how to apply complementary filters to accel and gyro in C coding (Arduino based code)??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast