Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator AeroQuad Founder Mikro's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Thanks for the tip jsmcms!

Franco, Since you reported connection success with the n32 64 bit serial driver, I went ahead and uninstalled the current VISA drivers (there's an uninstall.txt file in the National Instruments folder that describes this) and installed the 64 bit VISA drivers. All went well, tested 2560, and the Mini, but guess what, the Mini stops before it gets to the upload process. I'm willing to bet I missed something when I was making fixes for the issues that MikeD was reporting. I think I can fix it fast and will release a v3.0.1. If you have time, please look out for it and we can nail down all the Configurator issues with the Mac.

If there are any others seeing MikeD's problem, please let us know and if you can identify anything that can help us diagnose it.

I think the real way to fix this is to mod the avrdude.exe file like JesseJay has suggested. JesseJay and MikeD, how do you go about compiling the changes made to avrdude? A straight make didn't work, it looks like it uses some automake stuff, I started reading up about it, but didn't have time to continue learning about it. I'd like to see if we can make a Windows and a Mac version. THANKS!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Nice catch Franco! In my rush to address the timeout issue I accidentally removed Flight Software uploading for the Uno! I'm currently uploading a v3.0.1 for Mac with support for Lion to the download area. I'm also releasing a v3.0.1 for Windows because it also affects that build. Whew... thanks for catching that.

EDIT: I'm adding an updater for those who have already downloaded the full version so that you don't have to get the whole package again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    @mikro, the change (at least for me) is simple I just copied the 022 versions of the two files (avrdude.exe and avrdude.conf) into the same location in v1 as jessejay recommended I don't do anything else.
    I don't know if anything is lost by using the old versions of these two files?
    I will try the battery solution later on but having just got all the sw installed and working I want to get some actual flying in first.
    The installation process (particularly accel cal) is now quite a disincentive to changing things very often!
    That's why I would like the ability to save and reload the calibration settings when the hardware hasn't changed.
    Last edited by MikeD; 01-30-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    OH... I thought you had re-compiled avrdude.exe from the source, I didn't replace avrdude.conf (must have missed that).

Hmmm... that's an interesting idea about saving calibrations. Maybe we can add a recall last calibration in the File pull down menu? Let me put some thinking into that. We could just record the last calibrated values after a cal, and re-upload it when commanded. OK, I'll look at putting it into the next rev.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikro View Post
    Nice catch Franco! In my rush to address the timeout issue I accidentally removed Flight Software uploading for the Uno! I'm currently uploading a v3.0.1 for Mac with support for Lion to the download area. I'm also releasing a v3.0.1 for Windows because it also affects that build. Whew... thanks for catching that.

EDIT: I'm adding an updater for those who have already downloaded the full version so that you don't have to get the whole package again.
    Way to go!! Ok, but sorry I wont be back in the Lab until tonight, but when I get back I will download and install the new version and give it a go with the Uno!
    Franco
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley
    Hi My Name is Franco, I am a multirotor Addict.
    see my fleet in my Mad Scientists Lab at http://lab.westernwillow.com
    My Latests craziness: Flying into wildfire: http://lab.westernwillow.com/video_list/260
    ---

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I noticed code is being updated on both Google Code and GitHub. Is there a reason both these are being used? I assume the software is the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    The main repo is on GitHub... I'll only update Google Code with the latest official releases just for historical sakes. I like the download section better on Google Code, it's not so large on GitHub (unless we pay for it)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    I, too, am having problems connecting to a v1.9/Uno with Configurator 3.0 on Mac. I was able to connect using the beta Configurator, but not on this release. It times out every time I try to connect, even using a 30 second timeout. My LEDs blink when I press "connect" but it seems Configurator can't quite communicate with the board, even with the quad powered up via battery (no props, of course).

However, it seems I can upload using the new uploader. When I hit "upload," the little test box comes up and my LEDs blink correctly, and the program seems to upload fine except for "error: class TwoWire" being thrown all over the place in I2C.h, accel.h, and gyro.h.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just noticed that my motors beep/LEDs blink when I close Configurator 3.0 after attempting to connect. Seems like the quad thinks it's connected but Configurator doesn't register it.
    Last edited by wooden; 01-30-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    It looks like something wasn't compiled correctly, so the Configurator shouldn't connect. I tested with a v1.8 shield and Uno before making the new v3.0.1 Configurator. It sounds like maybe the path to flight software may not be correct? It should point to the folder which contains both the AeroQuad and Libraries folder. Maybe you are in the AeroQuad folder which will cause the libraries to not be found.

Please let me know if that was it!

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Mikro: I used MinGW from http://www.mingw.org/ to compile avrdude. I did get a warning one of the files in MinGW install was infected. As far as I recall, I used the instructions from http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/user-m...vrdude_19.html. My issue dealt with the Mega, not the uno. Uno issues could be related, but it's different code. Arduino 022 and older used AVRDUDE 5.4 arduino... http://code.google.com/p/arduino/sou...de-5.4-arduino, which is where I got the changes I merged in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast