Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
    Reputation Points (Add)

New to quadcopters.

Hello everyone, I am a new member to this site and to quadcopters.
    My experience in RC flying is a basic one, flying 3 channel indoor helicopters for the the last couple of years.
    I had seen videos of quadcopters and thought " these look amazing but I could never hope to build one myself".
    I am fortunate to work with a colleague who has been flying RC planes for a good few years and after showing him a video he went away and came back with one he built. This took him about a week and a half and although his build was a basic one the end result made me so excited, especially after he let me fly it. He was really impressed with my ability especially considering I have no proper helicopter or aeroplane experience.
    I said his build was basic and here is a quick breakdown of what he has.
    Motors; 4x1050kv brushless motors
    ESC; 4x10amp 330x
    GYRO; GU344
    Battery pack is 5000mah 11.1v
    6 channel transmitter.
    His frame is a box section aluminium 10mm x 10mm with a span of 600mm( I believe ) and he has customized a home security dome as a protective cover for his electronics.
    I will take some pictures on Thursday when I get back to work but this system was extremely exciting to fly.
    I know this a really basic setup, but it flies, and in time I know I will add more electronics to it such as alt and position hold and who knows where it will end up.
    Sorry if my specs aren't very informative but I am really new to this so I am on a learning curve.
    Please feel free to post your comments or suggestions as to this setup it could and probably will prove helpful to both my work colleague and myself.

Last edited by B1RDY; 06-11-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Added pictures and a video