Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    ---Opps---
    Last edited by RCvertt; 04-23-2011 at 09:42 AM.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Well this is quickly becomming far more trouble that it is worth!! :-).

Our 2.4 flies just fine on our Mega with 2.0.7 shield but wanted to try Multiwii for fun? So much for fun. Have a few questions:

Instead of using MultiwiiV1_7, I used file from post #29 from Scotth above which is claimed to be a working file. Seemed straight up enough, made all the correct choices as best I know but after an upload no joy. Green LED near red LED flashes about once per second and Green LED in other corner about twice per second. Found some info that said fast flash means no gyro so enabled I2C pullups in defines and tried again with no luck. Should I2C pullups be enabled?

Cannot get configurator to run, must be an idiot! There are no posts on the Multiwii site about anyone with this problem yet I get error 'cannot find javaw.exe'. When I take a copy of this file from elsewhere on my computer and put it in the same folder as the configurator it runs past this error to the next one 'cannot find jave runtime'. Any assistance from tech savy folks would be appreciated.

Lastly, why would there be a .pde for the configurator, Multiwiiconf1_7.pde in a source folder. The 1_7 configurator I am trying to run came with a download of 1_7 flight software and this .pde file sits in a Source folder with a file called Multiwiiconf1_7.java?

Aeroquad website, instructions, equipment, information, forums, and everything associated with AQ seems much easier than Multiwii, all the people involved do a great job! Thanks.

Steve

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    You will need to install JRE (java runtime) to get rid of the error messages. It can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-346243.html
    There is a .exe file for the configurator for windows, mac etc. version in it's own folder. You can double click the .exe and run the configurator.
    I agree aeroquad is doing a great job documenting the instructions. I prefer MultiWii for the smaller code base (everything fits easily in atmega328) and simpler code and I really like the stability it provides with such smaller code size. Also I can easily modify the code for my own customizations.
    Last edited by pial; 04-24-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    If you are using Windows 7, you will also need service pack 1 to run the MultiWii GUI reliably. I find both AQ and MultiWii to run equally well. Just takes a bit of research.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Pial and Scotth,

Thank you guys. Reloading Java solved my configurator start problem and after a bit of playing I learned how to use it
    Couldn't get 1.7 to run as per Pial's instructions. Must have missed something. Control inputs resulted in correct motor action but if I pitched the craft forward the resulting motor control would try to correct with a roll command. Anyway the file from post #29 worked. I will compare it to the ITG and BMA code and see what part of Pial's changes I missed. By the way.........it flies great on the Aeroquad hardware! Thanks again guys.

Steve

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by schebb View Post
    Pial and Scotth,

Thank you guys. Reloading Java solved my configurator start problem and after a bit of playing I learned how to use it
    Couldn't get 1.7 to run as per Pial's instructions. Must have missed something. Control inputs resulted in correct motor action but if I pitched the craft forward the resulting motor control would try to correct with a roll command. Anyway the file from post #29 worked. I will compare it to the ITG and BMA code and see what part of Pial's changes I missed. By the way.........it flies great on the Aeroquad hardware! Thanks again guys.

Steve
    Steve, it sounds like a radio channel pin configuration issue. Can you confirm your radio stick changes are reflected accordingly in MultiWii configuration GUI?

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Pial,

I can confirm that all controls and reactions to movement are proper in configurator.

Your recommended changes in post above:

ITG3200

gyroADC[ROLL] = + ( ((rawADC_ITG3200[2]<<8) | rawADC_ITG3200[3])/5/4 );
    gyroADC[PITCH] = - ( ((rawADC_ITG3200[0]<<8) | rawADC_ITG3200[1])/5/4 );
    gyroADC[YAW] = - ( ((rawADC_ITG3200[4]<<8) | rawADC_ITG3200[5])/5/4 );

BMA180:

accADC[ROLL] = - (((rawADC_BMA180[1]<<8) | (rawADC_BMA180[0]))>>2)/10; // opie settings: + ; FFIMU: -
    accADC[PITCH] = - (((rawADC_BMA180[3]<<8) | (rawADC_BMA180[2]))>>2)/10;
    accADC[YAW] = - (((rawADC_BMA180[5]<<8) | (rawADC_BMA180[4]))>>2)/10;

What worked for me in file downloaded from Scotth's post above:

ITG3200

gyroADC[ROLL] = + ((rawADC_ITG3200[0]<<8) | rawADC_ITG3200[1]); // AeroQuad Orientation
    gyroADC[PITCH] = + ((rawADC_ITG3200[2]<<8) | rawADC_ITG3200[3]); // AeroQuad Orientation
    gyroADC[YAW] = - ((rawADC_ITG3200[4]<<8) | rawADC_ITG3200[5]);

BMA180

accADC[ROLL] = + (((rawADC_BMA180[3]<<8) | (rawADC_BMA180[2]))>>2)/10; // AeroQuad Orientation
    accADC[PITCH] = - (((rawADC_BMA180[1]<<8) | (rawADC_BMA180[0]))>>2)/10; // AeroQuad Orientation
    accADC[YAW] = - (((rawADC_BMA180[5]<<8) | (rawADC_BMA180[4]))>>2)/10;

I 'see' the difference but you will 'understand' the difference! Maybe there are some other portions of the code that were changed from 1.7 to make the file I am using, but I went through both in a line by line comparison and I could not find any statements that varied in the numbering of pins, references, devices, inputs, or defines. Don't worry about it Pial. You folks have helped me get our quad flying and it flies great, will post some video later. Much thanks.

Steve

Senior Pilot
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Thank John, he wrote the code. The changes are for differences in orientation of the sensors.

New Recruit
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Scotth,

I totally understand that the changes are for different sensor orientation. What I wanted to point out to Pial is that his changes did not match John's changes for the same hardware and John's did work, Pial's did not. The code differences are shown above for interests sake. Flies great, video to come. Thanks.

Steve

Flight Cadet
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Schebb, thanks for pointing that out. I don't have any aeroquad shield and sparkfun sensor break out boards. My sensor board is custom homemade and I use the orientation used in Free IMU. So it is highly likely the orientation could be bit diffrent, which could easily be fixed by switching roll and pitch and the direction by +/-. Good to know your quad is flying well. I know it's a lot of fun. Here is very short video of mine hovering indoor:

http://youtu.be/ePjMuS7yNpM
    Last edited by pial; 04-25-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast