Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)

Camera Stablisation

Taking it a little further. Made mCamera and bCamera variables for each axis to allow for reversed mounting, centering or aiming the camera and fine tuning rate of movement. Only update yaw servo if yaw pin defined. It's on my GIT Branch Camera I made a pull request which I've since realised includes the code to turn the camera routines on. Is it better to tidy that up or to submit the code as tested? Video quality is not great... sorry.

Before you ask... There are loose wires floating around in the background because one of my ESCs has died, can't fly so I'm fiddling with everything..... HK backordered again
    Last edited by CupOfTea; 12-04-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    <whine on>
    It would be much easier to find what's changed if we have diff file, is it at all duable to compare the code in different repositories without downloading both locally? Sorry for whining, but it took me five minutes to find everything, and didn't find what you mean "to turn it on", it is turned on on my side by default. If running "diff original.pde changed.pde > changes.diff" is too much work, could you branch in Mikro's repository, why making your own?
    <whine off>

Now to interesting stuff, first what I like:
    - separte mCamera and bCamera variables for each axis, I thought about it (my roll servo may need to go at different speed because of mount mechanics) and you did it already.
    - pitchbCamera = 1300; - nice touch, camera pointing slightly down initially, but why rollbCamera = 1300; ? Wouldn't it make it tilted when started?

What I don't like: Why did you commented out the yaw pin and put in all those ifdef's for the yaw motor? if you don't need it just don't connect the motor to the pin, or even comment it out in your version, code should be as general to everybody as possible.

Nice work!
    Last edited by itod; 12-04-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by itod View Post
    <whine on>
    It would be much easier to find what's changed if we have diff file, is it at all double to compare the code in different repositories without downloading both locally? Sorry for whining, but it took me five minutes to find everything, and didn't find what you mean "to turn it on", it is turned on on my side by default. If running "diff original.pde changed.pde > changes.diff" is too much work, could you branch in Mikro's repository, why making your own?
    <whine off>
    No worries - it is actually easy, just some new conventions and terms :-)

In git/github a clone is the same as branching in conventional workflows. It is all tracked - check out https://github.com/AeroQuad/AeroQuad/network

You can see the diff towards mikros official version: https://github.com/CupOfTea/AeroQuad...upOfTea:Camera

That lists the commits too.

IŽll post a step by step how to pull in those changes to your git clone in a sec.
    Beware of programmers who carry soldering irons

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    git remote add CupOfTea https://github.com/CupOfTea/AeroQuad.git
    git fetch CupOfTea Camera

Then from there you can do
    git diff CupOfTea/Camera

or to pull in all changes:

git merge CupOfTea/Camera

, or one very nice feature - if you only want some of the changes:

git cherry-pick CupOfTea/Camera 868dc14511f7ed4e6703f5a9be9e8515342818bc

Hope this helps :-)
    Beware of programmers who carry soldering irons

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    Quote Originally Posted by lokling View Post
    Hope this helps :-)
    Thanks lokling, it certainly does.

Administrator AeroQuad Founder Mikro's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reputation Points (Add)
    CupOfTea & Itod, I've been meaning to ask you guys, in the past I've had problems with having PCINT on for reading receiver pins and using servo.h for controlling servos at the same time. It would jitter pretty consistently. Did something happen in 0021, or did you somehow optimize this to work together now? I glanced at Itod's first implementation, but it seemed like he just used the built in libraries?

Woohoo if it works automatically now!