PDA

View Full Version : ohhh noooo it flies!!!!!!

Jeroen
09-03-2010, 04:48 PM
it was just a quick and dirty test but here is mine EUQUAD!!!! ( need a better name or just leave it ? )

please comment on this masterwork of art and home D.I.Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1we-WA7bQ

:D im sooo happy and this from a guy thats didnt do a very high school

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMd7qD8VMzw

now im not sohappy

Hamburg
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Congrats & Have fun! Btw: Very small testing area!! ;)

Jeroen
09-03-2010, 08:29 PM
well that why its a quick and diry test flight ...

i was almost dark .. and i wanded to fly it today .. so yeah

lokling
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
YouŽre brave! IŽll be hiding several meters away from mine when I go for the first flight. Had a good enough scare holding it above head yesterday to calibrate the PID :-)

mrsteveman1
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I bench tested one of my Turnigy motors with a prop installed. Scared indeed :) When that thing is free to fly around i too will be 20 feet away :)

Jeroen
09-04-2010, 07:06 AM
YouŽre brave! IŽll be hiding several meters away from mine when I go for the first flight. Had a good enough scare holding it above head yesterday to calibrate the PID :-)

I bench tested one of my Turnigy motors with a prop installed. Scared indeed :) When that thing is free to fly around i too will be 20 feet away :)

well let me tell you a story about a guy who got the 10x4.5 props in the mail the other day .... en was thinking of testing the propeller in a vice ... but then hide under his workbench, while the propeller clear all his home work from his desk ... but the teacher didn't buy it .. :(
lol

but seriously it was scary ... and nerve wrecking ... but that overcome by the feeling you have when you see something come to live after loooong time of building and testing and changing the layout

so its totally worth it !

Jeroen
09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
.... shit see first post

Honk
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Hmm, mind the ground effect when low altitude flying...

The higher altitude flying seemed less twitchy and more stable. Did you trim something before the second video? And what happened? A prop broke in air? Sounded like it. I hope your electronics survived. After some time you realize you need protection from upside down crashes, part of life :)

Jeroen
09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
well the motor mount that hold the motor to the "foot" cam lose .. and failed ... its still intact but i forgot to re "glue" or loctite to the motor mount screws ...

yes just eh pid tuning ... no trim on radio .. the props where good ... until the fall all of my prop broke ...! but i have a another problem there are out of stock ... so yeah

Hamburg
09-04-2010, 03:41 PM
On my first flights same happened nearly. After the very first take of you really schoul fasten all screws tightly! Really tight! But rember, after tight comes - well - off ;)