PDA

View Full Version : Another FPV trip

Kenny9999
07-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Ok, I'm probably start to be boring! But...

We do a quick test and put the gopro and transmitter on the Bixler today and we all have done our first FPV flight with plane! Here is mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-baREMewcU

Also, I put back my v2.0 shield on my Y6, it's stable like not case! I start to have fun between tree and looking at others pool :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGeFLRvNgGA

FPV is really the best fun ever!

lokling
07-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Nice :-) Thought you were going to crash out in that tree at the end of the bixler flight. :) I havent flown my AXN floater yet, cant wait. Been training aileron flight on a small ultra-micro over the summer.

Honk
07-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Seems I gotta stock up on battery packs and props and hit the fields soon!

Looked very fun! So what do you think about copter vs. plane? What's the difference? Well I know that they're two different things but... :)

Nice upside down landing btw! You should put floaters on it and land it in that pool instead!

Kenny9999
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Just did one plane, and the setup was a bit quick, so, since the camera was probably not fix on the plane attitude, that was harder to know exactly if the ship was leveled! It's real fun for the high altitude! cutting motor and let it go feel so great... next time, we will improve this setup to have not transmitter in front of the camera, will be so great!

on copter, even if the flight time is real shorter! it's more fun I thing, just trying to pass between tree and follow those little route! It's amazing, lower altitude fast flying! stop, over, look at the guy, start back pretty fast... this is fun! I like were we were because of all trees! So, to me, copter is more fun!

Landing is hard! I don't want to land in FPV view, so, I pass over me and remove the goggle and land it with eye! So I was getting down too fast and did not get the time to compensate! that happen to me often!

One fly after that, I have gone far and I don't know why, but, I lost it badly, it fall! hard to trouble shoot in FPV when not seeing the ship! I broke the video transmitter antenna and the transmitter was over the hedgerow! take me a while to find it back since I was looking on the grass!