PDA

View Full Version : 1 Battery - 0 Landings

blacknoir
07-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Yesterday I flew on a full battery without landing for the first time... just goes to show just how good the software is for the quad, only took a few days to accomplish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBVyiBqPbPc

bryanpearson
08-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Nice! Good work.

And, I would say it's the pilot's skills, along with the AQ software :)

Honk
08-01-2011, 03:50 PM
You mean you didn't have to land during one whole discharge of the pack? Is that because you have been to afraid of the pack discharging too early or when it was going to discharge before?

For flight times, I can report that the difference between an easily oscillating quad in wind gusts and a perfectly fine tuned quad in calm weather is about 3 minutes gain as I experimented (from 7 to 10 minutes). So there's a lot to win by just tuning it..

blacknoir
08-01-2011, 07:24 PM
No, I mean I was finally able to keep it in the air for the life of 1 battery pack as opposed to losing control and landing/crashing every few minutes like I was when I first started. Keep in mind this is my first Quad and I just started flying last week. Over the weekend I continued to practice holding it in a relatively level flight for the life of a battery.

bryanpearson
08-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Figure eights and flips are in your future!

Before you get too used Attitude mode, try some simple/small Rate mode flying. It's a bitch to get used to, but worth it in the long run.