PDA

View Full Version : Flying in the Village

ziojos
06-30-2011, 04:24 PM
A video of the my little village, Castelvetere sul Calore in the South of Italy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdm8h_XCcvc

The video is Shooted by the JJ-copter in JJ-stable mode (COG stabilized)

Ciao

Josè

KirAsh4
06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Very beautiful, I'm jealous. I'm too far inside the city to have that kind of scenery ...

huskerwr38
07-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Nice video! You have a lot of guts and/or skill to be able to fly in such tight corridors and next to cars!

zenny
07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
A video of the my little village, Castelvetere sul Calore in the South of Italy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdm8h_XCcvc

The video is Shooted by the JJ-copter in JJ-stable mode (COG stabilized)

Ciao

Josè

Josè, what a marvellous close-up video. You must be a very good pilot ;-) Worth learning some tips on such flight in narrow lanes from you! :-)

ziojos
07-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks a lot,

@KirAsh4
In America you have many marvelous places :) take the car e go ..... or the plane and fly in Italy with your quad ,I'll be happy to meet you ;)

@huskerwr and zenny
Thank for the kind words .... but the pilot am I not :D, the pilot is mi nephew Johnny (see him at the end of the video :) I'm the big man with the red shirt :cool: ), I think he is a good pilot, however he had only e-sky lama skills before pilot this quad.

JJ-copter ( heavy customized on AQ 2.0 )is designed to be easy ;), It has a genuine stable mode with altitude stabilizer to limit Throttle use during traslation and with COG offset stabilized to fly better in the wind gusts.

Other things that help the pilot are a radio jitter remover, a throttle curve centered in the hover area and more other ....

ciao
Josè

Nikotine
07-02-2011, 10:19 AM
That was beautiful!
How I love Italy!

Honk
07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Very very nice little village! And very nicely compiled video too! Wish I had something worth of filming around here... :)

zenny
07-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Very very nice little village! And very nicely compiled video too! Wish I had something worth of filming around here... :)

Honk: the beautiful lanes around Gamlestan in Stockholm and the beautiful architectures around the Nobel Museum are one of the wonderful things that is worth capturing. Small shops in the narrow lanes around the area adds a life to them as if I was passing by an old viking town. ;-) But I know that you are aware of that, but mere a reminder ;-)

zenny
07-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks a lot,

@huskerwr and zenny
Thank for the kind words .... but the pilot am I not :D, the pilot is mi nephew Johnny (see him at the end of the video :) I'm the big man with the red shirt :cool: ), I think he is a good pilot, however he had only e-sky lama skills before pilot this quad.

JJ-copter ( heavy customized on AQ 2.0 )is designed to be easy ;), It has a genuine stable mode with altitude stabilizer to limit Throttle use during traslation and with COG offset stabilized to fly better in the wind gusts.

Other things that help the pilot are a radio jitter remover, a throttle curve centered in the hover area and more other ....

ciao
Josè

Thank you for sharing some technical info (though some of the things went above my head, dumb me he he). Then I request that you write a wikipage on how to stabilize and remove jitter, and your nephew on piloting (kudos to him).

I just saw two videos with a very nicely piloted quad (http://vimeo.com/24054587) and hexa (http://vimeo.com/24054587) both seemed to have flyduino board. They were as wonderful as your footage. The best video I saw so far, captured by any hexacopter is http://vimeo.com/18873955. Indeed mind-blowing.

Thanks again for sharing!

Honk
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Honk: the beautiful lanes around Gamlestan in Stockholm and the beautiful architectures around the Nobel Museum are one of the wonderful things that is worth capturing. Small shops in the narrow lanes around the area adds a life to them as if I was passing by an old viking town. ;-) But I know that you are aware of that, but mere a reminder ;-)
Yeah, thanks for the tips though, but the biggest trouble is safety and transportation although... As much as I could picture myself doing exactly what you suggest, I also know that those streets are CROWDED with tourists 24/7 which makes it almost totally unflyable... Unfortunately! These crafts can cause a LOT of damage no matter how good a pilot you are.

zenny
07-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Yes, Honk, you are right. Maybe early morning around 8-9am is ideal when they just open the shops before tourists arrive there ;-) Here in gbg, the Haga has the same feeling and obstacles like that in Gamlestan in stm. ;-) But like you said I agree with your point about the obstactles. ;-)

ziojos
07-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Dear friends,
The quadricopter is a very inspiring experience for me
I love aeronautics and astronautics, I like electronics and computers, I am entusiast of photo and video, so for me it would be hard to find a field like multicopter brings together all my passions ...... I do not know for the music .... ;)

Every new experience, such as introducing a new feature or attempting to fly a strange experiment involves me and I enjoy ...

I have to say that this forum is one of the best places to discuss, experiencing, learn ....

Now,

@Honk
thank for your kindly words , I hoped to make a video with the snow, as I promised but unfortunately this year we hadn't :)

@zenny
Norf and Warthox are absolutely the best pilots and usualy they fly very simple quad (KK, MultiWii) in Acro mode but well tuned and built to fly "hard". IMHO the flyduino is not soo different from other arduino platform a bit more easy to assemble the most important is the SW.

The video of shrediquette is a quad masterpiece and we have a lot to learn from this experience.
But as I said my JJ-copter is made to fly easy, and Johnny help me a lot to tune it.
Usualy the best video are made in Acro mode by excellent pilots, I'm trying to have a quad to shoot high quality videos in something like an enhanced Stable Mode easy but without tipical Stable Mode problems like:

Not fluid commands
Jierky fly
low accuracy
ect.

To do this the quad must be well dimensioned in all its parts, no secrets, the most important are:

On the HW side:

size ... a bit large is more stable and it is easyer to avoid air flow interference
mass distribution (as in every aircraft the COG position is the most important)
Motor and propeller size, I think they have to push at leat two time the full load weigth
Motors and Propellers well balanced
Vibration Smoothed (on sensor and on camera) without to cancel attitude signals

On the SW side:

Loop rate reasonable fast (it depend on size of the quad > 120 Hz is good for my quad for smaller you need higher)
Clean sensor and radio handling (I designed since last Year an interleaved sensor read routine that read every sensor (WMP,NK, Compas and GPS in my case) with a garanty of less than 5% RMS stability. This is most important because make the SW less complex and make possible to use the little Arduino Calc Power on Flygth Control Enhanced Routines like altitude stabilizzzation or filtering data
Well tune the limits (eg. PID or RC response curve are not the same to every kind of flygth)
Targetted ;)

On the other side GPS, Baro etc are usefull to make professional video (like security, emergency) but are more of time without utility in creative making.

Ciao

Josè

Goldilocs
07-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Ziojos, very high quality video in content as well as definition. What camera was used and with what lens?

ziojos
07-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Ziojos, very high quality video in content as well as definition. What camera was used and with what lens?

Thanks a lot, I'm using a last year model the Panasonic TZ8 , I prefer this camera because it has CDD that work better than CMOS in vibrating environment and also because its lens are wide angle but not too much to avoid image distorsion (like GoPro do). Generaly I prefocus the camera and make the "white balance" to keep realistic colors

Ciao

giando90is
07-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Bello il video!! Finalmente ho trovato un italiano su questo forum :) piacere di conoscerti, ti ho aggiunto come amico.. ci sentiamo..

Hamburg
07-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Bello il video!! Finalmente ho trovato un italiano su questo forum :) piacere di conoscerti, ti ho aggiunto come amico.. ci sentiamo..

English please! We´re international

ziojos
07-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Hamburg, don't get mad it was only a bit of italian friendship :)

giando90is only said me said me Hello ! and joined me as his friend

Ich habe nichts dagegen, wenn Sie schreiben, manchmal ein paar Worte in Deutsch (*)

Ciao

(*) I do not mind if you sometimes write a few words in German - Google Translator helps me

Hamburg
07-04-2011, 12:04 PM
No no - I don´t wanted to offend somebody. Just trying to keep in line here :D

Honk
07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
International... Doesn't that mean everything but german source code is allowed? :P

Hamburg
07-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Very very funny! :D Sehr lustig Herr Honk!

Honk
07-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Entschuldigung für off-topic gehen, aber last night I saw this film veramente bello namens Code 46, kind of a modern "1984" where they intermixed all languages that survived in every sentence in a "not too far away future" in every country... Really cool!