PDA

View Full Version : We all love good crash scenes!

OldGeek
05-22-2011, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5uLol37-M

Trees saved the day, well not all of it, but if no trees i think I would be using a dustpan instead of my hands to collect the remains :)

-don

Honk
05-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Nice! Especially until the crash! :) I would have loved to see that crash from spectator perspective, it looked spectacular, but it was kinda unclear how it actually made its way through that tree...

OldGeek
05-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Nice! Especially until the crash! :) I would have loved to see that crash from spectator perspective, it looked spectacular, but it was kinda unclear how it actually made its way through that tree...
If I was watching your quad plummet from that height I would love to see it too :) Since it was mine ... I was screaming NOOOOO!

Honk
05-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Hehe! Yeah, but what goes up must come down... :) See it as a chance to improve things

OldGeek
05-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Hehe! Yeah, but what goes up must come down... :) See it as a chance to improve things
I do I see it as a chance to tell momma I need some more toys!

swalker
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
So..... do you know why it crashed?

kevo
05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I think I read in another thread that he is blaming the radio.

OldGeek
05-25-2011, 01:34 AM
I think I read in another thread that he is blaming the radio.
To be clear I am not blaming the receiver, I have proven that it indeed was the receiver :)
The receiver module powers up however all channel outputs are low, -0- pulses.
The receiver is 14yrs old and took no damage from the fall. I inspected the board looking for any cracks/dents, notta.
It appears to me the crystal (or its output stage) is the fault as my logic probe reveals no pulses anywhere around the crystal.

KirAsh4
05-25-2011, 01:50 AM
To be clear I am not blaming the receiver, I have proven that it indeed was the receiver :)
Ok, so which one is it? The receiver or ... the receiver? You fly with a receiver on both ends? :)

OldGeek
05-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Ok, so which one is it? The receiver or ... the receiver? You fly with a receiver on both ends? :)
My point is I don't rush to blame anyone/anything , except my wife :)
However after thorough investigation it is clear the receiver stopped outputting pulses!