PDA

View Full Version : Flood

Kenny9999
05-07-2011, 01:42 AM
The Richelieu river overflown here, there is actually about 3000 houses evacuated!

very windy, the quad was hard to control, then, I lost the orientation and get nose in and then, the usual!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVr6TNCtlKo

KirAsh4
05-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Awesome documenting there. You can see a lot from that height. Great job ... till the end. Hopefully no serious damage.

bryanpearson
05-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Very cool footage!

krat
05-07-2011, 02:06 AM
nice video.

are you ok where you live?

waiting for part II :-)

Kenny9999
05-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Just a broken prop! and... arm start to be a bit... curved... but, no problem there, I will change then for 9" arm! and have 4... 3 spare prop!

Honk
05-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Was that road totally cut off by the flood?

And what would have happened if you released the cyclic stick when that nose-in part happened?

Good view!

Kenny9999
05-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Was that road totally cut off by the flood?

And what would have happened if you released the cyclic stick when that nose-in part happened?

Good view!

Not completely cut off, but, almost, may be about 1 feet of water on the road!

I release it, but, it look that I we still have a bug... don't know, it did not get back leveled! like an overshoot of the integrated error, but!!! that can be that... because, I almost put 0 as I term!

lokling
05-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Again, sounds like what I´ve seen in the sim. I wonder if it has something to do with the mass of the quad - is yours on the heavy or light side? Seems only some people experience this.

q6600
05-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Not completely cut off, but, almost, may be about 1 feet of water on the road!

I release it, but, it look that I we still have a bug... don't know, it did not get back leveled! like an overshoot of the integrated error, but!!! that can be that... because, I almost put 0 as I term!

This happens to me when fighting the wind or doing sharp circles, I term is at 0 now, 0.01 was too much.
To prevent the issue from happening I avoid constant tilts, if I stop for a bit and hover (fighting the quad) it will level again, takes a couples of seconds.

Honk
05-07-2011, 01:34 PM

This happens to me when fighting the wind or doing sharp circles, I term is at 0 now, 0.01 was too much.
To prevent the issue from happening I avoid constant tilts, if I stop for a bit and hover (fighting the quad) it will level again, takes a couples of seconds.

To both: actually, it doesn't matter if your I terms in the "user PID" in Configurator, because the angle estimator, at least if it's DCM, has its own I term! So that would explain it: by going tilted downwards fastly, your quad Kenny, registered a lot of off-center gravity and added it into the accelerometer internal I term in the DCM, or ARG if it's working the same. That is my qualified guess.

Again, sounds like what I´ve seen in the sim. I wonder if it has something to do with the mass of the quad - is yours on the heavy or light side? Seems only some people experience this.
Have you tried our new nested controls loop (rate controls loop gets fed the output of the attitude controls loop) and ARG/MARG estimators in your sim?

Kenny9999
05-07-2011, 03:37 PM
To both: actually, it doesn't matter if your I terms in the "user PID" in Configurator, because the angle estimator, at least if it's DCM, has its own I term! So that would explain it: by going tilted downwards fastly, your quad Kenny, registered a lot of off-center gravity and added it into the accelerometer internal I term in the DCM, or ARG if it's working the same. That is my qualified guess.

mmmm, that was AGR and AGR have a I term as well. That make sens I believe, don't know if John or Alan are lurking on that thread to see what they thing about it!

Honk
05-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah, well it's definitely the internal estimator that gets mucked up by your fast tilted dive then! I think there are mathematics available to compensate for it, but I don't know how yet! :)

I'm sure it will be "fixed" when time comes.

Kenny9999
05-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Alan and John work is one of the best til now for attitude control!

So, first, would be to reproduce the behavior easily, do some data recording so John can look into it!!!

But, today, it's sunny, and I have 9 battery to fly ;)

lokling
05-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Have you tried our new nested controls loop (rate controls loop gets fed the output of the attitude controls loop) and ARG/MARG estimators in your sim?

No, not yet. Its on my todo list, amongst building a tiny quad and refurbishing my original large quad that has taken some beating lately. With the new codebase beeing more modular I´m considering mocking the arduino specific calls and compiling the codebase into a native x-plane plugin so for testing.

We´ll see what time allows for. Paternety leave doesnt allow for as much tinkering time as you´d expect. Some frown upon quad tuning with a baby on the lap (they don´t make safety glasses that small) ;-)

Mikro
05-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow!!! Congratulations on the new little quad pilot, Lokling! Send pictures with him holding a transmitter! :)