PDA

View Full Version : Mini-shield Figure Eights - Video

bryanpearson
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm slowly progressing to where I can recover from almost any error, and also am able to hover while the quad is sideways. This allowed me to attempt some figure-eights this morning! I am intentionally keeping the quad very low, so I can cut the throttle if I get into trouble (which I have to do from time to time).

They aren't perfect, but it's a start. At least I've had about 5 flights with no broken props :cool:

Let me know if you see anything I could improve on, or have any general figure-eight tips. 24" m2m, 30° F, no wind, mini-shield, spektrum dx7i.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCH47KTX5Yk

Honk
05-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Looks very nice! I think I can say I feel about as manual-flight skilled as you seem to be, definitely not more anyways. But I really need to improve it somehow, it feels like I have been the same for a long time now.

Anyhow, try to use the yaw stick more when you're turning! I think that's the only thing "missing"!

Good flying!

bryanpearson
05-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I might even try some 'minus' expo on the Yaw, to see if I can smooth up my throttle a bit. As I turn, if I move the stick towards max-Yaw, I get a little sloppy on the throttle. I think I just need to get used to turning quickly like I need to.

bmilleker
05-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Are you flying in attitude mode? I have been practicing orientation flying in attitude mode because its far more forgiving than rate. I wonder if this is a good technique.

Honk
05-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Well if you only yaw slowly it should be good for just learning to fly for example nose-in, but as it is right now as you might be aware, it gets quite upset and offset if you're doing long turns and such because of the offset acceleration pulling out to the edges... Err centripetal force.

bryanpearson
05-02-2011, 05:03 AM
Are you flying in attitude mode? I have been practicing orientation flying in attitude mode because its far more forgiving than rate. I wonder if this is a good technique.

That's all in Acro mode. Attitude mode is great, but I figured if I was going learn (and crash), I better get it done in Acro mode. Once I got to a certain point, it started to get much easier in Acro mode and Attitude mode started to feel weird.