PDA

View Full Version : 544 gram AeroQuad

RCvertt
03-20-2010, 08:18 AM
544 gram AeroQuad. Much more stable than I thought it would be so I shot some vid before I start playing with PID's.

It should look and fly better with 8 inch instead of 9 inch props but 9 is all I had.
NoHands.AVI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5KSKa9Ol4&feature=player_embedded#)

Feliksayk
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice, so light. I know that I can't reach those kinds of weights with my designs, too many safety features I gotta do. ::) . Hopefully, some kind of new material, battery, and maybe room-temperature superconductors can be discovered soon so I can have more power. :o 8) ;D :D ;) :)

RCvertt
03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Nice, so light. I know that I can't reach those kinds of weights with my designs, too many safety features I gotta do. ::) . Hopefully, some kind of new material, battery, and maybe room-temperature superconductors can be discovered soon so I can have more power. :o 8) ;D :D ;) :)
Thanks, It takes off if I just breath on the throttle stick ;D

I know what you mean about over building. These quads are helping me to break that habbit. When I can fly good enough I'll stop doing the long booms with the extended landing gear prop protection. It's just dead weight.

RoyLB
03-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Very nice! What are your motors, props (what you have now and what you'd like to use), ESC, and battery?

- Roy

RCvertt
03-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Very nice! What are your motors, props (what you have now and what you'd like to use), ESC, and battery?

- Roy

Thanks.

Motors- http://r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps81527_1

Props- 9 inch GWS EP0947 and 10 inch EPP cut down to 9 inch. 8 inch slow fly would be easier on the motors.

ECS- Hobbycity SuperSimple 8 amp.

Battery- 2200 flymax.

Not sure what the flight times are yet though. Roll, Pitch and Yaw fell really good like my bigger quad. Throttle is sensitive though in both of my quads and especially in the little one. Takes hardly any throttle stick movement to make the quad go up or down, which is why it's doing that a lot in most of my vids. Exponential should help that once that is in the configurator I think. A separate "Transmitter Factor" for throttle may help in the mean time? Also me being a better pilot would help.

Mikro
03-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Sweet! NICE QUAD! Did you notice that we could go longer with hands off flying if the quad was able to stay at the same altitude? I've been re-looking at the accel output and now that we got those sensors cleaned up, I wonder if we could use them to detect accelerations in rising or falling of the quad. Maybe we could twist RoyLB's arm to help us figure it out? :)

RCvertt
03-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Sweet! NICE QUAD!Thanks man. Wouldn't be having this much fun with this quad without you and the rest of the team.

Did you notice that we could go longer with hands off flying if the quad was able to stay at the same altitude?
Definately. My quad in the vid would have kept it's self level for a while longer but it was about to land it's self.
I'm going to try some throttle curve setting with the TX in heli mode to see if exponential on it will help with the hands on flying for me.

I've been re-looking at the accel output and now that we got those sensors cleaned up, I wonder if we could use them to detect accelerations in rising or falling of the quad.
Maybe we could twist RoyLB's arm to help us figure it out? :)

I still haven't tried stable mode but the accels do pick up if the quad is rising or falling so it would be cool if that could be integrated some how. Maybe the way you are doing heading hold would work for the Z accel also?

I'll ask RoyLB if he can cook something up for us........Yo Roy, Can you cook up some accel height hold for us ;)