PDA

View Full Version : JJ-copter Tennis Ball Test

ziojos
03-21-2011, 11:36 PM
New Improved Stable Mode on Aeroquad JJ-copter MK4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzwdhteqCAQ

This Enhanced Stable Mode Solution work on the principle of C.O.G. Force Compensation

This seem my best version of Stable Mode, commands are quite smooth and the quad pass the "Tennis Ball Test" :)

In Out Side test (no video) it demostrates that wind gust handling is very smooth and work great with GPS and Dynamic Altitude Hold.

Quad: JJ-copter ver. Mk4
Test Pilot: My Nephew Johnny
Site: Castelvetere sul Calore (AV) - Italy

Based on:
Aeroquad SW: ver 2.0 modded
Configurator: 2.5
Board: Arduino Mega
Sensor: Wii WMP + Nunchuck
Compass: 2 Axis SURE Elect.
GPS: SKYLAB SKM53

Frame Alluminium Slim Profile Dihedral Arms:
Alluminium arms, alluminium plate + 4 nylon screw to sustain Arduino and dumped velcro for Wii sensor )

Kenny9999
03-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Ah, common, it's sure that you put some glue on the ball :)

really nice work!

Honk
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Hehe or velcro on the top of the box! :P

No really, REALLY GOOD WORK!!! Now to the question: is there any chance that others using WII sensors (or other sensors too for that matter?) could get this stable? I mean, would it be possible for you to transfer your magic onto the 2.3 code or something like that? There is something you are doing that the rest of us don't seem to be doing. I think everyone wants to have flights like you have, it's just that we seem a little stuck at times!

Kenny9999
03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Mmm, he start from 2.0, so, don't know if integration is possible easily with all the work that have been done in the 2.3! Jihlein will fix the DCM then, we will have that stability! I believe!

Honk
03-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes maybe, but I'm not thinking of just copying in some lines of code and hope for the best, I'm thinking there's something special about the actual algorithm that we can implement. More of a thought/theory than actual lines of code.

Kenny9999
03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I ask to see the code! ziojos?