PDA

View Full Version : Indoor practice winter flying

Honk
12-09-2010, 09:17 PM
This is my 350g quad with CF arms and Silverlit X-UFO props and X-UFO side bumpers (just loosely put on a second before the video)

Works kinda ok, but the plan is to integrate with 5-6 IR sensors to never ever touching an object in the house while in flight so I finally can just let go of the sticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN96T0szrug&feature=youtube_gdata

Scotth
12-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Your doing a great job keeping your quad over the carpet when it's in ground effect. Ground effect hovering is a bitch....

Honk
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Hehe thank you, but I like to put the credit to the quad's "brain"...

But I actually do not think like you about the ground effect, actually the ground effect is in my case working as a low altitude hold! At the right throttle, it will stay at about 1-2 decimeters above the carpet, and that applies to my large quad too.

I use the carpet as a sophisticated practice device :) I try to follow the edges, and if I somehow get outside of them, I just shut it down.

My vision is where we get to the point that the quad will be able to do this, hover above a carpet with no real risk of going crazy, letting the pilot only trying one channel at a time, like if you were flying with 2 transmitters - one teacher and you. That will be awesome and is certainly the future.