PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Quadro Meeting

Hamburg
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Last Sunday we rent a Tennis Gym for an indoor-flight-meeting in Hamburg.
It was very funny - 6 Mikrokopter and 1 Aeroquad. But take a look for yourself:

http://vimeo.com/17074764

itod
11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Nice! Not just fun, but also learned not to land the quad on elastic ball :)

Hamburg
11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, we played QuadroBall - driving the ball with prop swash. But if you have carbon props mounted you can even cut bones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX7VMjaD8Oo

Honk
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Hehe, looks like a lot of fun! Wish Sweden was a little bigger so we too would have these meetings. Gonna have to put together something like this soon although.

But I don't understand why not a single person has safety goggles or anything when you're flying inside? I mean all of you saw that ball get cut I guess...

Hamburg
11-22-2010, 01:56 PM
I think because no one holds his quad in hands motors mounted - like you! ;)

Honk
11-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, actually I got my nose scar (on the avatar) when doing regular flying without holding it in my hands. I was trying out stability and for some reason it pitched back going to my face... I'm just saying you can't trust those props to be where you want all the time even though you have a 10 000 euro quad...

I just wanna say that it's pretty scary WHEN your quad starts to act a little on it's own not following pilot commands 100%. If you've never experienced that, you will be even more surprised when it happens.

takashi
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, actually I got my nose scar (on the avatar) when doing regular flying without holding it in my hands. I was trying out stability and for some reason it pitched back going to my face... I'm just saying you can't trust those props to be where you want all the time even though you have a 10 000 euro quad...

I just wanna say that it's pretty scary WHEN your quad starts to act a little on it's own not following pilot commands 100%. If you've never experienced that, you will be even more surprised when it happens.

Honk,
If I ever get to the point where I can get mine to fly, I'm going to wear a motorcycle helmet so I don't get injuries like you. I agree with you. It is scary to have a flying lawn mower chasing after you or stop following commands for any reasons.

Hamburg, thank you for sharing the video.

Mikro
11-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Ahhh... that looks like so much fun! I'm also really happy that our little 'ol AeroQuad get's to fly with the Mikrokopter big guys... I first owned a Mikrokopter and had so much fun with it (in addition to the X3D-BL) that it inspired me to build the AeroQuad using Arduino's. That's where "Mikro" comes from. :)

How many of you live in California? I've been wondering if we can do a similar event as the Europeans?

Hamburg
11-22-2010, 03:46 PM
BTW: The guys shown there are all living in Hamburg town!

lokling
11-22-2010, 04:14 PM
There´s also some form of meetup in Scandinavia in the making for next summer, likely Oslo or Stockholm. So far there´s only two members signed up, no date, and stable quads are beeing worked on. But there will be beer! ;-)

firehopper
11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
it would be awesome to have such a meet on the east coast too!

Honk
11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
There´s also some form of meetup in Scandinavia in the making for next summer, likely Oslo or Stockholm. So far there´s only two members signed up, no date, and stable quads are beeing worked on. But there will be beer! ;-)

If I do the math, Stockholm will be the logical place since it's in the middle of Scandinavia! :P That is if we're gonna include JP (Finland) :P
If it's hard to drag people, we'll just have to advertise the beer more, hehe. It'll probably help to put out the info in more national forums too and on RCgroups.

I just wanna add my last work on quads (as pics say more than word):
http://www4.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/f71d252caaba61155eed69c55db070f3ade0978734f7f8fb05 0ecd03acd9a73e5g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=a6s7pntleb7412d&thumb=4)