PDA

View Full Version : My flight with Multiwii

jhoexp
10-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi, i am a former aeroquad 1.7 and 2.0 user, now converted to Multiwii.

First flight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSrT-gaYOS4

Some acro test with multiwii 1.2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ouE3Jnv44s

Maybe i'll switch back to aeroquad when i improve my sensors...

Honk
10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Well, you are certainly a good pilot and have a nice quad, but the biggest question: why the switch?

I have tried and flew both, but from a developer perspective I like AQ very much more, still the MultiWii is more optimized towards the exact hardware which I partly use...

jhoexp
10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
From a developer perspective i like AQ Much more too, but from a pilot perspective multiwii flies better with wmp.
With aeroquad the rx routines is full of jitter, with multiwii is absolutely perfect and jitter free; my wii sensors (nintendo original) and aeroquad code sometimes go crazy and the quad black out and crash, with multiwii they don't.

RCvertt
10-04-2010, 04:17 PM
From a developer perspective i like AQ Much more too...Your videos look good. I've wired up some custom boards but have recently switched back to using the AeroQuad shield. For me there is just no comparison with how easy it is to set up and modify if you want.

I'd be interested in seeing this code working with a 2.0 shield if you have one. I doubt it would be difficult to change the pin assignments.

Honk
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Actually Mikro implemented the same angle estimation (Kalman type) into 2.0 so you can use that with any hardware, but it is optimized for Wii sensors.

It does not solve any receiver issues you might have but still...

RCvertt
10-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Actually Mikro implemented the same angle estimation (Kalman type) into 2.0 so you can use that with any hardware, but it is optimized for Wii sensors.

It does not solve any receiver issues you might have but still...Sounds great. Guess I shouldn't have turned down Mikros offer to test the new shield and sensors :(

Honk
10-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh, and another thing. AQ offers a user set Low Pass filter for the transmitter command and also a transmitter response gain. These two should very effectively remove any unwanter "jitter" seen after raw decoding.

The new 2.0 code structure is so adaptive...

Hamburg
10-06-2010, 12:46 PM
I think Im going to build a multiwii too - only reason is the dimensions - I want to build a mini-quad