PDA

View Full Version : Stable Mode video request

Honk
09-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Please, for reference, can anyone post a video of both in-hand and in free flight with the new 2.0 (2.0.1/2.1) code? I wanna see how it's supposed to respond to external interrupts and transmitter commands. Having a hard time tuning it. It can correct itself slowly in my hand but not as well in free flight with a lot of disruptions.

RCvertt
10-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Have you tried following the "stable" mode part of the "PID tuning" info Mikro has on the front page?

Honk
10-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes, of course I read it through and combined it with previous tuning experience and also Configurator live data, but it seems that I can only get it stable in my hand not doing manual stick input, but when actually activating stable mode in the air while flying it behaves totally different than when just holding it and bouncing it from my hand. This is why I want to see how it is supposed to handle in the real flying environment and also have a reference to how fast it should regulate.

Stockli
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Just out of curiosity (since I'm at work and can't make a video), what's the behavior of the attitude indicator in the configurator when you try that? On my 1.7 shield + Mega + DCM it was VERY slow to respond. It would get there eventually, but it was obviously not going to be responsive enough for stable flight. The comp filter was much quicker... However, with the 2.0 shield + associated sensors + DCM, the AI is VERY quick to update. In terms of flight, it's quite quick to update in my experience. You can definitely tell when holding it that it's trying pretty hard to get back to level. So on the 1.7 it just seemed like there was something about the gyro + accel setup that wasn't tuned right for DCM. I know you're using the Wiimote sensors, so I wonder if it's related?

If I'm able I'll toss together a video this weekend :)

Good luck!

Honk
10-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, Stockli, the symptoms you are mentioning are EXACTLY the same as I experienced with the Wii sensors but it's ONLY depending on the P and I parameter set inside the DCM calculations if you are gonna use that. So go in there while using DCM and then inrease P to about the double and you will see a lot quicker response when using it.

Stockli
10-02-2010, 03:54 AM
Ah, fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up... I'll give it a shot when I get my 1.7 board in another frame :).

RCvertt
10-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Yes, of course I read it through... but when actually activating stable mode in the air while flying it behaves totally different than when just holding it...Ok, wasn't sure since I think Mikro mentioned that it works better now, especially when those directions are followed.

Hope to hear of more "stable" flight experiences.